Saturday, June 14, 2014

ME

Me



Quiet, I guess this how most people would describe me. There is so much more to me and who I am. I have learned a lot life lessons over the years. As a kid I was very sheltered, never allowed off the front porch of my parents home. We moved to Irvington, NJ from Brooklyn, NY.

The move was quite a dramatic experience for me. I was born into a pretty large family. Lots of aunts, cousins, uncles and siblings. Growing up in Brooklyn we were all so close, we did everything together school, going out, etc.. In Brooklyn as a kid, I witnessed a lot, in the 80s although we had fun times, there was violence.



At the time I didn't get it, when someone was snatch a chain off my moms neck and run off, or when someone would hold up my brother as we walked to school, it was something I didn't understand. No one really explained either, we moved on as if nothing had happened. I had so many questions. I was afraid to ask.

We moved to Jersey  in 1991, it was a different world. The people were different, they had different music, different styles and taught me different cultures. In Brooklyn all my cousins, brothers and myself went to the same school together. We were always together.

In Jersey, although we all moved to Jersey at the same time, my parents moved to a different school district. All of my cousins went to chancellor and I went to Florence, I felt alone. My brothers were in high school and college, so I didn't have them either.





Quiet, I think this is when the quiet started.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment